We need your help. Volunteers are needed to assist us with our various programs. We specifically need
volunteers to work in the AHA Thrift Store, on the Farm, and with special programs.
Send us your name and address by mail or e-mail, indicate your interests or special skills, and if you
have had any experience volunteering. In addition, provide us with your phone number and the best time to
reach you. Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
How You Can Help
Animal Haven of Asheville depends on the selfless assistance of volunteers to keep our facility in operation.
The love, compassion and concern for those helpless animals who have found themselves at the mercy of those
very humans who were supposed to nurture and protect them and who were then betrayed, manifests itself in
the many hours donated by our volunteers.
Volunteers perform a variety of tasks and in varying amounts of time. Depending on circumstances, volunteers
may opt for a scheduled commitment of hours helping out or they may prefer to provide service as their schedules
permit. In either case, the hours contributed are sorely needed and are greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in, or have expertise in any of the following areas, we need your help:
- Working at our thrift store
- Taking part in special events
- Community Day
- Special fund raising events
- Designing and printing flyers and brochures
- Photographing animals and events to publicize our activities
- Providing transportation for moving donated items - thrift store items, hay, feed, building materials
- Light construction work
- Grant writing
- Working on the farm
- Feeding the animals
- Collecting produce for the animals
- Bagging pet food for distribution by Meals On Wheels volunteers