We’re so happy you’re interested in learning more about adopting with us! Our process has been updated to adjust to the challenges of the current state of our world in order to provide a safe environment for staff, animals, and potential adopters. We are currently processing applications remotely ahead of your first visit. We no longer take walk-in visits and cannot accommodate walk-in appointments at this time.
- Take a look at our adoptable animals! We ask that adopters have a specific animal in mind.
- Contact us to get in touch with a staff member for more information on that animal.
Below is an outline of our adoption process:
- Please allow up to a week for a reply. We are a very small team working to get back to everyone! We thank you so much for your patience and understanding while you wait.
* If applying for a dog, we do ask for proof that you can have a dog where you live. Such as a pet policy on your lease, a letter from your building management, or proof of ownership if you own.
Again, please be patient with us! We receive a large volume of inquiries and we’re working our hardest to respond in a timely manner.
Our available animals can be viewed here.
Cats and dogs are available for adoption at Animal Haven.
- $175 per cat
- $200 per kitten or $300 per pair (Why Two Kittens Are Better Than One)
- $295 per dog over 1 year (includes collar and leash)
- $395 per puppy 4 months to 1 year old (includes collar and leash)
- $450 per puppy under 4 months old (includes collar and leash)
Our adoption fee covers spay/neuter, core vaccines, and microchip.
- You must be 21 to adopt.
- All interested adopters must submit an application for an animal before meeting at animal in-person at the shelter.
- We ask for a personal reference (this can be a family member, friend, employer) who can attest to your ability to care for a pet.
- Adopters who live in apartments will be required to show proof that pets are allowed. This can be provided in the form of a lease, phone number of a leasing office, landlord, super or property website.
- If you currently or previously had a pet, a vet reference will be required.
- If you are approved and meet the animal, if everything goes well you would take that animal home the same day unless otherwise specified prior to your visit.
Be sure to check out our FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions.