Each week, Tuesdays through Fridays from 2-6pm, no appointments are necessary to meet many of the animals of Animal Haven! Appointments are available between 12-7pm every day except Monday if you’re unable to make our walk-in hours. If you’re looking for a new companion, our cattery will be open for guided tours and many of our dogs are available for meet and greets!
What to bring:
- A pre-filled out application which you can download here.
- As much of your household as possible to meet the animal you’re interested in adopting!
- Proof you can have a dog where you live (lease, letter from landlord, proof of ownership) if you’d like to adopt a dog.
- A record of your current cat’s FeLV/FIV status if you’d like to adopt another cat.
- A mask, regardless of vaccination status.
Should there be a wait to see the animals, visitors will be asked to queue outside of the building. The duration of your visit may be affected by the number of parties waiting to see adoptable animals in order to best accommodate all potential adopters.
Additional Details: Animal Haven reserves the right to refuse any adoption for any reason. Meeting an animal does not guarantee adoption and we take multiple applications on all of our animals. Approved adopters are expected to take an animal home within 48 hours of approval, which can sometimes be same day! Some applications may take a few days to process.
* Our open house hours are focused on finding families for the homeless cats and dogs at Animal Haven. We ask that visitors be honest about their intentions to adopt when visiting. While we’d love to accommodate the general public, this is an adoption event. We kindly ask that those unable to adopt at this time be considerate of the time of staff and volunteers at Animal Haven and of the families seeking to give a homeless animal a home.