September 2022 update!
We’re so happy you’re interested in learning more about adopting with us! We have walk-in hours every Tuesday-Friday from 2-6pm to meet our animals available for adoption. You can also make an appointment to meet adoptable animals Tuesdays-Sundays between 12-7pm. We are closed to the public on Mondays.
Below is an outline of our adoption process:
- Take a look at our adoptable animals! We suggest having specific animals in mind before your visit.
- You can visit us during our walk-in hours listed above or contact us by filling out an adoption inquiry to get in touch with a staff member directly. We’ll be able to provide more information on the animal(s) you’re interested in and can set up an appointment for you to meet them if you cannot make it during the week.
Please allow a few days for a reply. We try to get back to everyone within 1-2 days, but sometimes we experience a large volume of inquiries and may be delayed. We are a very small team working to get back to everyone! We thank you so much for your patience and understanding while you wait.
- Outside of walk-in hours, appointments to meet our animals are available from Tuesday-Sunday, 12-7pm.
- After meeting our animals at our facility, you can fill out an application if you’d like to apply to adopt them! Please note, the adoption inquiry above is not our application! For dogs, it may take a few days to process. Cats can often be processed same day.
* If applying for a dog, we do ask for proof that you can have a dog where you live. Such as a pet policy on your lease, a letter from your building management, or proof of ownership if you own. Bringing this documentation with you during your visit will expedite the processing time of your application.
- It may take more than one meet and greet to approve your application, especially with some of our dogs. Ideally, every member of the household will need to meet the animal at some point during the process. Meeting the animal does not guarantee approval of adoption.
- We take multiple applications on all of our animals in an effort to find the best fit possible in a timely manner. If the animal you are interested in is adopted before you can complete the process, we are happy to work with you to find another potential match.
Meeting the animal does not guarantee approval of adoption.
Animal Haven reserves the right to refuse any adoption.
Cats and dogs are available for adoption at Animal Haven.
- $175 per cat
- $200 per kitten or $300 per pair (Why Two Kittens Are Better Than One)
- $295 per dog over 1 year (includes collar and leash)
- $395 per puppy 4 months to 1 year old (includes collar and leash)
- $450 per puppy under 4 months old (includes collar and leash)
Our adoption fee covers spay/neuter, core vaccines, and microchip.
- You must be 21 to adopt.
- All interested adopters must meet our animals in-person at the shelter – we cannot accommodate digital appointments.
- We ask for a personal reference (this can be a family member, friend, employer) who can attest to your ability to care for a pet.
- Adopters who live in apartments will be required to show proof that pets are allowed. This can be provided in the form of a lease, phone number of a leasing office, landlord, super or property website.
- If you currently or previously had a pet, a vet reference will be required.
- We ask that all members of the household meet the animal at some point during the adoption process.
- We do require the current dogs of the household meet the dog you are applying for as well – but this is often the last step of the process.
Be sure to check out our FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions.